From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:34 PM
To: EDLINK74@aol.com; Rscountaway@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1853- 517TH PRCT-AUGUST 26. 2009

Returned home from Europe last evening.

Attempt No. 2 to catch up on mail. Incomplete. More later.

 Please send Links instead of Downloads when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

 Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Photos from Europe trip 2009

Myrle Traver, F Co. biography

Michael A. Sura, H Co. biography

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

Pvt. Harry A. Hill, B Company - 200 photos and clippings

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Vous êtes invité à voir l'album photo de Patricia et Roland intitulé : 12th and 13th August 2009 in Sospel with the 517th PRCT

12th and 13th August 2009 in Sospel with the 517th PRCT
Sospel -
de Patricia et Roland
2 wonderful days with wonderful persons
Message de Patricia et Roland :
Hi Ben, thanks to write on next mail call the website of Sospel's picture during august 2009.

Dieter Laes

Ben and Bob Barrett,

First of all I would like to thank you for the wonderful day we had in the Ardennes. I can hardly express how hard I have enjoyed accompanying you. It was a real honor to me. I hope you have enjoyed your visit to the Ardennes. Should you ever come back to Belgium, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I translated the chapter about the 517th and Manhay of the book by Eddy Monfort. Obviously, this will be full of grammatical and vocabulary errors, as I am aware of, but I think you will understand. I hope you will enjoy reading it. If I can do anything else, please just ask.

Bob, like I told you in Manhay, I'm performing some research about the battle between the Ourthe and Aisne River (Hotton-Soy-Erezee). The first battalion of the 517th PRCT played an immense role in pushing the Gruppe Bayer of the 116th Windhund division back (23 December). This action was taken by Combat Team A under the command of Colonel Boyle and Combat Team B under the command of Major Fraser. Later, the 25th December, A company was to help the 290th regiment (75th ID) in capturing "Bois de la Roumière". Any information or help concerning my research , if possible, would be appreciated

sincerely yours,

Dieter Laes

Ben Maciag

First I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Ben Maciag.  I am the grandson of 1st Lt. Steven E. Maciag from the 517th and the great nephew of Capt. Joseph T. McGeever of 3rd Battalion HQ who was KIA in World War II.  I am writing you to inquire about any and all information related to my relatives.  Things such as stories and photos would be a great surprise.  Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Ben Maciag

Someone has just signed your guestbook!

Name: Matthew Akers