From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 7:44 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL cALL NO. 1954 -517TH PRCT - January 6, 2010

 http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

I visited Howard Hensleigh at the Veterans Affairs Center in Menlo Park, CA. this morning. Howard is in good spirits and enjoys his surroundings. Anything you would like to know about he 517th, just ask Howard. His oral accounts of events that took place sixty-five years ago are fresh today.

Received a voice mail from John Pastalenic  H Co.    John M. Pastalenic
He wanted his friends in the 517th to know that his wife is still in the hospital and he does not have computer access at present time.

Please send links  when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany 12203

Floyd A. Stott, I Company bio

Gen. Frederick and Col. Graves

NY Times Newspaper clippings, 1945-46

To the Ardennes - Life magazine photo, 1944

video:  First Airborne Task Force prep, with Bill Boyle

Dick Spencer - HQ CO, 3rd Battalion

Leo Balestrini - 460 PFAB, Battery A

Remembrance of Capt. Robert P. Woodhull, by Tory Parlin

Florida Mini Reunion
January 16 - 20, 2010

Location:  Ramada Gateway Hotel
                  Kissimmee, Fl  34747
                  Reservations:  1-800-272-6232
                                             www.ramadagateway.com
Contact:   Leila Webb
                  4155 Kissimmee Park Road

                  St. Cloud, FL  34772
                   407-892-3595

Registration fee:  $40.00    More information Mail Call No 1916

Stars and Stripes 1945   Click on Jan. 5, 1945

Wade Gilbert

Hello Ms. Webb,

I understand you will be hosting the 517 mini reunion in Florida.  I will be sending up 40 DVD’s to be passed out to all those who attend.  There is no charge for these DVD’s.  I will send all DVD’s directly to the hotel to your attention and I will add Ben Barrett as a backup.

 If you have any questions or if there is anything else I can do please let me know.

 Best Regards,

Wade Gilbert

(888) 999-6564
(954) 630-9797
(954) 202-1899 Fax

Claire Giblin

Hi, Ben -

I just today got my days off approved for the Kissimmee reunion, and Jim made our reservations just a couple of hours ago.  Dad (Allan Johnson, 596), Jim and I will be arriving on Saturday.  This is good because I hear that Leo needs a chaperone for his Sunday skydive.

Cannot wait to get to the Hospitality Suite and see everyone!  It is not too late to join the party!  We always have fun in Kissimmee!

Hugs to all

Claire

Philippi Cornier

Bonjour a toutes et a tous,

nous vous souhaitons une très bonne année 2010, et espérons vous revoir l'année prochaine au MUY.

Chantal et Philippe, grand parents de Chloé

KJ Barrett

The Barrett's of Pennsylvania wanted to say Happy New Year to all the wonderful people we met this year...to all the vets who we traveled with in Belgium & France (the kids send a shout-out to Lud!) and to all the beautiful people in Trois Ponts, Sospel & Le Muy who welcomed us so graciously along with the vets.  We hope your New Year is a peaceful & happy one.  Love, KJ, Jay, Casey, Liam & Shannon

KJ

Lyle  Madison

 Hi Ben

 While visiting family at Va, Beach I had the opportunity to see Jack (John) Guthrie of I Co. I had a couple good visits and found him to be doing pretty well.  Jack is in ass't living and of course
we fought part of the war all over again. I'd have to say he was in
 good spirits and always had that smile on his face.  He does not have a computer, but I am sure he would enjoy a note from any of his Buddy's. He does have family near.

Ben may the New Year Bless you and your family. Thanks for all you do

Lyle Madison 596

Pat McCarey

Howdy, Update on Mom. She is doing very good physically, but her
speech is slowly improving. Mom is still staying at The Meadows
Rehabilitation Home in Orange and that is where she gets her care and
Therapy. We all wish she was back home feeding the Horses every
morning and back to her regular daily routine. I Pray for Mom getting
better everyday because I am a Prayer believer, because Mom had
planted that seed in me 11 years ago. So please keep Mom on your
Prayer list and I will update y'all about every two weeks or so.

Thanks,,,

    Pat McCarey
"In God we Trust"
     Romans 14-12