From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2009 10:55 PM
To: Ben517@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1843 - 517TH PRCT- JULY 26, 2009

Please send Links instead of Downloads when possible. It saves me for searching for the link and saves space on Mail Call.

Ben

Donations for whatever program involving the 517th should be sent to our treasurer Leo Dean at 14 Stonehenge Lane,Albany 12203

St. Cezaire and Les Arcs today

A Company in Life Magazine 1944

C.R.I.B.A. - Centre de Recherches et d'Informations ...
Trevor Markle
Dear Mr. Barrett,

            For years I’ve been fascinated with what my grandfather did during WWII unfortunately I wasn’t old/mature enough to understand the magnitude of what the 517th did until this last

Reunion when  what seemed like the whole unit took me under their wing and made me feel like I was apart of the family and for that I’m deeply honored to have known such  a great bunch of guys and I hope they feel the same.

Til we meet again

 -Trevor Markle

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben

I am going to jump again.  There is a place not far from my house. I have a log book now and I have a lot of jumps to catch up with Leo.  My goal is to jump by myself, we will see about that !'!'!!!

You have fun in Eurpoe.

Chris
Ken Meise

please remove my name for awhile from you email list. Too many memories . Thank you for the excellent service you have done and continue to do for the 517th. My father Ed Meise passed away this Jan as you know

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team

Meet the Troopers of the 517th

John A. "Boom Boom" Alicki Regimental HQ; Demo Platoon
Fred E. Allen Service Company
Eric E. Anderson   D Company

Ben Barrett

H Company

David R. Barry

Service Company

William J. Boyle

HQ Co - 1st Bn

Kingdon Brady

Gene Brissey

E Company

Flave Joseph Carpenter Sr.

I Company

Randolph Coleman

F Company

Jesse Darden

460 - HQ Co.

Don Carlos Davis

Albin P. Dearing Regimental HQ
Allan R. Goodman, Sr. 596th PCEC.
Howard E. Hensleigh HQ Co - 3rd Bn.
Ludwick H. "Lucky" Hiers 460 - HQ Co.
Hal Higginbotham E Company
Milton "Chopper" Kienlen

A Company

Aimé Leocard French Freedom Fighter
William John "Bill" Lewis F Company
Andrew P. Lubic H Company
Merle McMorrow 460 - C Battery
Marvin D. Moles D Company
James E. Mortensen 460 - HQ Co.
John M. Pastalenic H Company
Milton D. Rogers 460 - Battery C
Howard W. Ruppel  Part 1, Part 2 (pdf format) F Company.
Erwin W. Scott, Jr. D Company
Michael A. Sura H Company
James G. Turner
Ignacio (Nacho) Vasquez HQ Co - 3rd Bn.
Carl E. Votti B Company
William T. Webb HQ Co - 3rd Bn.
Chester A. Wells (draft in progress) 2nd Platoon, H Company
Harvey E. Whitehead F Company
John C. Williams HQ Co - 3rd Bn.
John M. Wilson, MD
Robert P. Woodhull 460 - HQ Co.

Your bio here

Please submit your trooper's story!

We are starting a new section of the website here, where we will present biographies of the troopers, as submitted by themselves or their family members.

Troopers and their families are asked to submit their stories, sending material to webmaster@517prct.org

Material submitted is completely up to the soldier, or to their family and relatives.  Take a look at the biographies already submitted -- Jesse Darden's bio is a great example -- but feel free to be as creative as you like.  It's your story.  This information can be as long or as short as you like.  We would like to see any or all of the following items:

  • photos - then and now
  • memories from 517th training and WWII
  • biography - before and after the 517th
  • comments, philosophy, opinions
  • anything you want to say to your friends and relatives

(See also "Soldier's Stories"  for troopers recently in the news)